Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year Resolutions: We are not very original!

So, guess what our resolution is for the year? Yup, lose weight, get healthy! Jeremy wants to lose a significant amount. I want to lose about 15 lbs and fit back into my size 4 jeans (thank you very much Ethan, but you were worth it). Anyway, we have a gym membership, a willing Grandma ready to watch the baby "monitors" while we work out, and plenty of low-calorie cookbooks. So it should be easy right? No, its not - we love food way too much. But, we are determined to make it work!

We started our journey on Monday, Jan 3 because, diets ALWAYS start on Mondays, right? We weighed in on Monday morning and promptly searched the android network for a fun app to help us in our new lifestyle. (we downloaded "MyFitnessPal")
I meant to start this on Monday, but, since I am a procrastinator, I did not. We plan on working out 5-6 times per week for about 45 min. We are both counting calories and I am trying to stay around 1200. My plan is to review the low-cal recipes that I will be making, that is the plan anyway.
Progress as of today? I lost a whopping 2.8 lbs and Jeremy (not fair) lost 8.8 lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment